Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vegas taxi drivers = pimps


I learned some interesting facts about Las Vegas taxi drivers when I did a fun radio interview with Nevada's NPR. (Click here to listen.)

The cabbie who shared air space with me revealed the following facts:

1) If cabbies take a guy to a Vegas brothel (legal there), there get a serious kick-back -- as a percent of what the guy spends.

2) Same with strip clubs.

3) They will get you just about anything you ask for -- anything -- if the price is right.

This was all confirmed by loyal reader, Jae. Thanks Jae!

My only disappointment in the interview -- I really wanted the cabbie to talk about the Sin City mobsters - Bugsy Siegel, etc.

4 comments:

  1. The real story is, that the only way to make half decent income driving taxi in Las Vegas, is by either long-hauling or being a pimp, because the oligarchy system for taxis in Nevada makes all drivers employees of big companies, which are regulated by the Nevada Taxicab Authority, which is a Nevada State agency that has policies making it impossible for decent honest cabbies to make good money. If you think being required to work 60+ hours a week for less than $600/week is good income, then you may disagree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer was attacked by a virus and when i bought it, i missed the drivers, so i needed to looking information by internet. Finally i reached an information that advised me download by the web. i was surprised. I hink all the information cotained in the blogs always result very useful. actually i found a site interesting called costa rica investment opportunities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact us to hire a limo service for your weddings and picnics and much more!!!
    stretch limousine hire sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to
    withdraw the maximum of $50,000 MONTHLY for a maximum of 12 MONTHS. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week
    and I have used it to get $150,000 already. Georg Bednorz Hackers is giving
    out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it
    is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending
    to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when
    using the card. get yours from Georg Bednorz Hackers today! Just send an email
    to georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com or send him a text message +19143614629

    ReplyDelete