Saturday, June 6, 2009

Taxi! iPhone app saving lives daily


Remember that night when the G train just stopped running, and when you exited the subway station, you turned out to be in sketchy-ass middle of nowhere? And there were no other subways? And no bus stops to be seen? And certainly no yellow cabs? You did, however, see homeless and/or strung-out people. And you thought "I need a car service!"

But how the hell do you find a car servicenin the middle of nowhere?

The solution: iPhone app Taxi! developed by my brilliant friend Blake Engel. His app uses the iPhone's GPS to pinpoint your location, bringing up a list of area cab companies to call. If I owned an iPhone, I would totally download it. Because I never, ever want another night like when the G train stopped running.

No comments:

Post a Comment